Here’s What You Can Expect:
If you’ve never been to church before, or it’s been a while, we know how intimidating it can seem. You might not know anyone (other than maybe someone who invited you), and you may feel like everyone knows your new. In fact, you likely aren’t the only new person/family because our services at Newmarket Catch The Fire have been growing, well a little like “wildfire”. We want to assure you that we will do everything we can to make you feel right at home, and let you know that you right up front that you are not obligated to participate in anything you don’t feel comfortable with. So to avoid any surprises, here’s sort of an itinerary of what typically takes place during a Sunday service:
- Greeting: you’ll be greeted at the door and shown a seat if needed
- Opening Prayer
- Worship Time: music, singing, dancing, artwork, prayer, soaking & flagging may seen by people around the room
- Testimonies: some people may share a story of something GOD has been doing in their life
- Offerings are Taken (often referred to as Tithes) – there is no obligation for guests to contribute
- The Message: this is where children can go to the children’s program, and the speaker comes up to get into the Bible or just talk to us from the heart
- Personal Prayer & Ministry – this is where an offer may be made to come to the front for prayer or ministry as the rest of the meeting is dismissed
- On the first Sunday of each month we bring soups & stew for everyone to enjoy.
Dress: CASUAL – wear what you will feel most comfortably appropriate in.
Because of the size of the greater Catch The Fire Church, and the fact that we unashamedly love to be in the presence of GOD, our Sunday meetings typically run a little longer than most, with services averaging between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. If you’re not used to this, you probably won’t notice anyways because the time seems to just fly by, and most people stick around to catch up with others they care about.
You will experience this too, as you see how important you are to us, because you are precious to GOD. So we would love to have you come out and look forward to seeing you this Sunday!