“To walk in God’s love and then give it away to Newmarket and the world.”
To impact Newmarket and the world by welcoming and responding to God’s presence, communicating effectively and developing world class leaders.
Our core values are the underlying principles that guide us in making decisions, determining priorities, setting goals, allocating resources and carrying out programmes. They are the defining characteristics of Catch The Fire that are emphasized in discussions and highlighted in publications. They are drawn from biblical teachings.
Precept: There are two directives of Jesus that we lean on for our values. The great command requires us to learn how to love God, love others and love ourselves. The great commission requires that we win souls, connect followers, disciple and send out leaders who are immersed in all aspects of the Trinity.
- We value hearing God’s Voice
Every follower of Jesus is designed to communicate with God. God speaks to us through a variety of means. Our response is to in turn talk to God through prayer and learn to be a doer of the revelations of God. (John 10:3-4, Hebrews 1:1-2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, James 1:22)
- We value knowing God as Father
Experiencing God as Father just like Jesus did will change our life. Every child of God needs to feel, know, and experience the unconditional, extravagant love of Father God. (John 14:6-13, Luke 15:11-32, Romans 8:35-38)
- We value healing life’s hurts
Before we can truly love others, we must love ourselves and that means allowing the Spirit of God to transform our spirit, soul and body. Our Father is able to reveal to us issues & hurts that need healing. The Holy Spirit knows what we need to believe and receive in order to become whole. (2 Corinthians 7:1, 2 Corinthians 3:18, John 16:14, John 15:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:23)
- We value empowering in the anointing
The anointing allows us to see breakthroughs from poverty, brokenness, health issues, oppression from the demonic, and takes us into incredible favour. We desire for everyone to receive these breakthroughs and then to release the anointing to others. (Luke 4:16-21, Luke 9:1-6, Luke 10:1-9)
- We value multiplication of leaders
Everyone can be a person of influence, a leader, and a world changer. As we hear God, receive His unconditional love, deal with issues from our past and present, and receive His anointing, we then become more like Jesus in character, anointing and authority, and in turn, give it away. (Matthew 9:35-38, Matthew 28:16-20, 2 Timothy 2:2)
FOUR PRIMARY GOALS
- To welcome and respond to the Holy Spirit.
- To impact the city of Newmarket.
- To raise up world class leaders.
- To communicate effectively in all ways.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe there is one God who lives forever in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to the world, speaking to us with authority and without error. (2Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ the Son, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for us on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, and His personal, physical return to rule the earth in power and love. (John 1:14-18; 1Thessalonians 4:16-18)
- We believe that all mankind are lost in sin and need to turn from it and trust personally in the Savior, Jesus Christ. All need to be born anew by the Holy Spirit’s power into God’s family. (Ephesians 2:1-10; John 3:5-7)
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives in us as believers and brings love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control into our lives. He works in and through us with His charismatic gifts. (Galatians 5:22-23; 1Corinthians 12:7-11)
- We believe in the resurrection of every person; to eternal life for the believer and eternal judgment for the lost. (Matthew 25:31-46)
- We believe in unity for all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and seek community together: we want to become more like Him in every way, who is the head of His body, the Church. We are called to love Him and one another and are enabled to do this only as His life flows through us. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Matthew 22:37-40)
- We believe the Scriptures teach that marriage is the covenanting together of one man and one woman in a union to the exclusion of all others. This union is established by an authorised ceremony under God. Marriage is a unique reflection of God’s faithful love for all humankind. The relationship of husband and wife, as family, reflects the covenanting self-giving love between Christ and His Bride, the Church. The pledge of mutual faithfulness is not tentative or conditional. The permanent nature of the marriage bond gives security and promotes the development of a trusting relationship. The Church has a responsibility to care for, nurture and prayerfully support the marriage relationship and the children of the union. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:18; Genesis 2:24; 1 Corinthians 7:4-5; Ephesians 5:25)